When we talk about Indian cuisine, you’ll probably think of one thing – authentic chicken curry! It’s the most favourite Indian dish of all time, the spices are warm, and provides comfort that you’ll love to prepare this any time of the day. It’s very satisfying that takes you back on the cooking of your grandmother. Just the delicious aroma emanating on your window is enough even to keep your neighbours interested in what you are cooking!
The taste is subtle and deepens the chicken curry that you always love. Thankfully, we’ve got you covered on having an authentic and rustic quick chicken curry that comes with all your favourite herbs and spices mixed!
Chicken Tikka Masala
(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/40 mins Cooking Time)
- Chicken (4 breast fillets)
- 2 Onions (large)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 piece of Ginger
- 200ml Tomatoes (Tinned)
- 100ml Single Cream
- Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 1 tsp Salt
- Chicken Tikka Masala Spices
Preparing the curry
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and ginger. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix it with the contents of the Chicken Tikka Masala Spices, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped garlic and ginger. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Lay the chicken out on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 3-5 mins each side until the pieces are charred around the edges but not cooked through.
- In a large saucepan add the oil/low cal spray and fry the onion over medium heat as the onion browns add the remaining ginger and garlic and continue to cook.
- Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Add the chicken and gently simmer for 10 mins with a lid on.
- Stir in 100ml fresh cream and add 50ml warm water if the sauce is too thick.
- Cook for 5 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander, rice or naan bread.
Spicentice Chicken Tikka Masala Spices
Scoop up the creamy sauce with Spicentice Pilau Rice and Naan Bread. Try not to serve this 'British' Indian classic with chips (unless you really can't help yourself). But absolutely no ketchup! Our Chicken Tikka Masala spices come with a perfect combination of spices and a little kick of chilli to mix on your chicken or vegetables. Lastly, you’d be able to enjoy this with the creamy curry sauce!
Why Choose Spicentice?
Enjoy all your favourite dishes with our wide range of herbs and spices, kits and meal! Spicentice gives you almost every flavour that you will love on your recipes. It is made of 100% pure herbs and spices, free from gluten, sugar and salt and is best prepared for vegetarians and vegans as well. It’s as perfect as what you always taste at the nearby restaurants, and the best is that it is all healthy!