Serve a delightfully flavourful chicken Jalfrezi with tender and juicy chunks of your favourite chicken in a spicy tomato sauce! It is studded with stir-fried onions and peppers and is very quick to prepare. There is no need to look for the nearest Indian restaurant to get a takeaway, as you can make this quickly in your kitchen. It’s a healthy option and best for those who are in their weight loss journey.
It gives a smoky taste through its signature big pieces of chilli. It’s not even complete without the green pepper and onion on top of it! Try it on lamb or even on total all vegetable ingredients! A genuinely Indian recipe that is all about the bold, big and smoky flavours to give you the full experience.
Chicken Jalfrezi(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/30 mins Cooking Time)
- Chicken (4 breast fillets)
- 2 Onions (medium)
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Tomato (medium)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 piece Ginger
- 1½ tsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fresh Coriander - (for garnish - optional)
- Spicentice Jalfrezi Spices Sachet
Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.Mix with contents of the Spicentice Jalfrezi Spices Sachet and 1 level tsp salt, so the chicken is well coated. Leave to marinate for 15 mins or longer. Meanwhile, finely chop the ginger, garlic, tomato and one onion.
Cut other onion and pepper into quarters.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and fry. As they start to brown, add the ginger and garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the marinated chicken, reduce the heat and cover, occasionally stirring for 10 mins.
- Stir in the contents of Sachet 2, the tomatoes, onion and pepper and cook for another 5 mins.
- Now stir in 100ml warm water and the tomato puree and gently simmer for 10 mins until the chicken is tender. If you require more sauce merely add a little more water.
- Finally, check seasoning and serve with plenty of chopped coriander.