Made with fresh chickpeas, this quick and healthy Indian recipe will be perfect for everyone in the family. It’s easy to prepare and gives you the authentic flavours just like the restaurants. Chickpea curry can be your side meal with your meat dishes, or even your full meal if you are trying to lose weight! It’s a healthy alternative to meat curries and is perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
Chickpeas or Bengal grams, or Egyptian peas or garbanzo beans – whatever you call them, they are healthy and full of great benefits. Some even refer to them as a superfood. It comes with high amounts of protein, fibre and iron that helps to have proper blood-sugar regulation, decrease in heart disease and lower the chance of cancer. Indeed, this is something you want to serve your family.
(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/25 mins Cooking Time)
- Chickpeas (1 tin/410g)
- 2 Onions (medium)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1-inch piece Ginger
- 200ml Tomatoes (tinned)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar/Sweetener
- Fresh Coriander
- Chickpea Curry Kit
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and coriander. Wash and drain the chickpeas and blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add contents of sachet 1 of the Chickpea Curry Kit and fry the seeds for a few seconds.
- Then the onion and stir. When it is lightly browned, add ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the tomatoes, contents of sachet 2 of the Chickpea Curry Kit and half a tsp each of salt and sugar/sweetener. Allow simmering for 2 mins.
- Stir in chickpeas, add 150ml of cold water and simmer.
- Cook until chickpeas are tender, then check the seasoning before serving with fresh coriander.
Tip: if more sauce is required to add 50ml water and simmer for a further 5 mins.
Spicentice Chickpea Curry Kit
This typical Gujarati chickpea curry is delicious served with our Pilau Rice and Naan Bread. Chickpeas were a favourite of the Roman Gourmet, Apicius, who it is said to have spent 100 million sestertii on fine foods. Unlucky if you're behind him at the checkout! Additionally, we let you create this recipe with our easy and quick chickpea curry kit!
Cook up a tasty and fragrant chickpea curry that is full of flavours and richness of your favourite herbs and spices.
Our Source of Ingredients
We always care to the satisfaction of our customers, and with that, we assure you that all of our ingredients were sourced from the trusted suppliers across the globe. We have carefully selected them to offer the peace of mind that you need.
Why Choose Spicentice?
Spicentice is a well-known source of the best kits and meals of herbs and spices to create different dishes inspired by different culture as well! We offer you easy to use kits with a simple recipe and pre-blended herbs and spices. All of it is made without sugar, salt and gluten to satisfy the needs of all people.