Have a taste of the classic southern chicken that is crusty and crunchy on the outside and very flavourful and juicy on the inside. The best part is that it has been mixed with our quality spices and seasonings and soaked in healthier buttermilk to add more taste. Surely, it’s a perfect meal to serve for all the kids and family members.
Southern Style Chicken
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 150g Golden breadcrumbs or Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 3 -4 tbsp Plain flour (for dipping)
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- Low Cal Spray / Olive oil
- Spicentice Southern Style Chicken Spice Sachet
- Chop chicken into strips and add to the bowl. Add 1/4 of the Spicentice SSC Spice Sachet to the chicken and mix. Leave aside to marinate for 10 mins.
- Add the plain flour into a bowl and leave. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. On a large plate, add the breadcrumbs with the remaining Spicentice SSC spice sachet with 1 tsp salt and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees.
- Take a strip of chicken and dip into the flour, coating evenly. Then dip into the beaten egg, and finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with low-calorie spray. Spray the top of each chicken piece with low-calorie spray/Olive oil. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with Spicentice Chips & Wedges, coleslaw and corn on the cob. Enjoy!