Have a great taste to the similar aroma and flavour to the streets of Athens with this Greek Souvlaki recipe! It is complete with the best marinade that you can ever taste, and the best part is that you can do this straight from your kitchen! It doesn’t matter if it is chicken, lamb or pork, it can be prepared just like how you want it to be. With the dash of Spicentice Souvlaki spices, you can have a full Greek feast! Don’t forget to add your favourite salad, pita bread and of course, tzatziki. It is easy to follow, and it is a perfect meal for a quick dinner night with the family.
Greek Style Souvlaki
For Tzatziki Sauce
- 600g Skinless Chicken Thighs / 4 Breast Fillets or 4 Lean Pork Fillets
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil /Low-Calorie Spray
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 10-12 Wooden Skewers
- Spicentice Souvlaki Spice Sachet
To Serve with
- 150g Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- 1/4 Cucumber
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- Handful Coriander Leaves
- Flatbread, Salad Leaves
- Red Onion, Tomatoes.
- Chop the chicken (or meat) into bite-sized pieces. Crush the garlic and squeeze the juice of half a lemon. Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce by peeling and grating the cucumber and then squeezing the water out. Finely chop the mint and coriander leaves and add to the natural yogurt. Then mix all the ingredients, season with sea salt and black pepper and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the garlic, lemon juice, salt and Spicentice Souvlaki Spice Sachet. Add 1 tbsp olive oil/low-calorie spray and 2 tbsp water and stir all the ingredients together. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the wooden skewers and cook under a medium grill or on a barbecue for 10 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked and slightly charred.
- Toast the Flatbread/Pitta bread and add salad leaves, sliced onions and tomatoes. Then add the Souvlaki chicken, drizzle over the Tzatziki sauce and enjoy!
Greek Souvlaki Marinade
This Greek souvlaki recipe won’t be complete without its marinade! The traditional taste comes from its marinated. The chicken should be soaked up with the beautiful Mediterranean flavours and grilled to high temperature. This gives you nicely coloured, crunchy and juicy skewers. Don’t forget to season it with a selection of Greek spices and coat it with extra olive oil, garlic and lemon juice as well.
Spicentice Greek Souvlaki Seasoning
Let us take you the sunny Mediterranean with this healthy, tasty and delicious meal! It can be perfectly tweaked for the vegan recipes and with our added seasoning, prepare yourself with the explosion of flavours that gives you a well-balanced snack for everyone in the family and we’ve got the right blend of spices to help you.
Our Source of Ingredients
Our kits and seasonings were blended with 100% pure herbs and spices to give you a treat that you’ll never forget. It works well for vegans and vegetarians that makes it ideal for almost everyone! Additionally, we make sure that all of our ingredients have been carefully sourced and selected from the trusted global suppliers on the market. This has to be one of the best Greek Souvlaki Recipes around!
Why Choose Spicentice?
There is no turning back! Spicentice offers you the best flavours of herbs and spices that you can think of. Prepare any meal with ease and satisfy the cravings of everyone in the family.