No curry feast will be completed without the pilau rice! Our pilau rice recipe is simple and delicious that will make you make it now and then. It comes with all the great flavours that make it a perfect dish with your favourite spicy lamb, chicken tikka masala and other classic Indian dishes that you love. It’s even better if you want to add up naan bread and fresh cinnamon sticks on the side.
With the combination of all the pure herbs and spices, we present to you an Indian pilau rice recipe that you can use for the next family gathering. It is undoubtedly designed to please the crowd. If you are planning to create spicy fish curry or sweet chicken curry, then having pilau rice is a must! For weight watchers and gym enthusiasts, you may want to try this with a genuine alternative of warming vegetable curry or Bombay potatoes.
Indeed, this pilau rice is ideal for weeknight family curry dinner and save yourself for having a takeaway from the nearest restaurant.
Delicious Pilau Rice
(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/20 mins Cooking Time)
- ½ cup Mixed Vegetables (fresh/frozen - optional)
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/low cal spray
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Pilau Rice Seasoning
Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs clear and soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Chop the vegetables, if using
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large saucepan over medium heat and fry Pilau Rice Seasoning Sachet 1 for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped veg (if using), drained rice and Pilau Rice Seasoning Sachet 2 with 1 level tsp salt.
- Fry for 2 mins, add 600ml boiling water, then cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 mins on low heat.
- Once all the water has evaporated (use a fork to check down to the bottom of the saucepan), fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Rice trivia: The world's longest cooked grain of Basmati (meaning 'the fragrant one') was 18.3mm!
Spicentice Pilau Rice Seasoning
Pilau rice is delicious served with any of the Spicentice main dishes or on its own with raita made of natural yogurt and diced cucumber. Our rice seasoning lets you experience the delicate flavours, and that makes your spiced rice tasty! You can have it with your favourite curries or enjoy it on its own. It is easy to make and perfect for everyone in the family.
Our Source of Ingredients
At Spicentice, we value the overall wellness of our customers, and we make sure that all of our products were made from pure 100% herbs and spices. We have carefully selected all the ingredients we used and partnered with the best suppliers around the world.
Why Choose Spicentice?
When it comes to herbs and spices, Spicentice is one of the best places to check out! We have an array of blends, seasonings and meal kits that make your job easier and give you peace of mind on what you are eating.