A favourite and delicious Indian ground meat and pea curry, Keema curry is easy to make and best for your next dinner! It comes with a lot of flavours and is perfect to please the crowd. It is lightly-spiced, hearty, nutritious and rich in iron! The term Keema refers to the minced meat that is popular in India and is being used to prepare different meals such as keema paratha, keema matar, keema samosa and keema pav.
The keema curry is being prepared in many ways and may include methi leaves, green peas, cashews and potatoes! It tastes different from restaurants to restaurants, but we’ve prepared something that you will love! Our recipe lets you create the well-loved keema curry that is exceptionally delicious and comes with a soft texture that blends in your mouth.
(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/45 mins Cooking Time)
- 550g Minced Meat
- 4 Onions (medium)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1½' piece Ginger
- 300ml Tomatoes (tinned)
- 4 tbsp Peas (fresh/frozen)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar/sweetener
- Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Keema Masala Spice Mix
- Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger, garlic and coriander. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large pan over medium heat. Add the contents of Keema Masala Spice Mix Sachet 1 and fry seeds for a few seconds before adding the onion.
- When lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the tomatoes, minced meat and contents of Keema Masala Spice Mix Sachet 2 with 1 level tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar/sweetener. Stir ingredients together.
- Next, add 1 tsp lemon juice and cook with lid covered for approximately 10 mins.
- Then add 200ml cold water and the frozen peas and replace the lid.
- Cook for a further 15-20 mins until meat is tender.
- Then check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Spicentice Keema Masala
Kheema karai is best served in pitta bread pockets with salad leaves or enjoyed with our Pilau Rice. Our Keema masala is a specially blended mix that creates the aromatic and flavourful curry. This is a traditional medium spiced curry that offers a balance of flavours such as cumin, coriander, cassia, and cardamom! You’ll also love it with onions and tomatoes for a complete one-pot curry.
Our Source of Ingredients
Here at Spicentice, we know how important it can be for our customers to see the source of our ingredients. Thankfully, there is nothing to worry about that. We have carefully selected all our suppliers to ensure that we are only getting only the best quality of ingredients available.
Why Choose Spicentice?
Spicentice offers you meal kits and seasonings that is made of 100% pure herbs and spices. It is free from gluten, sugar, and salt that makes it a perfect choice for vegetarians and vegans! All of it is blended in the UK and gives you the authentic flavours you’ve been craving for.