Looking for a perfect Saturday night dish? This heavenly slow-cooked lamb that is rich in Madras curry and spicy potatoes! It is a fiery lamb curry that brings out the flavours of South India and gives you a delicious and flavourful meal option. It’s a perfect recipe that fulfils unforgettable dinners and parties with your family and friends.
The lamb chops cooked in a curry that is made of the curry leaves, mustard seeds, tamarind, yogurt and adds up the soul to any of your dishes. It is a fragrant, rich and intense curry that is popular in British Indian restaurant menu. It’s a change to the Balti, usual jalfrezi and korma curry that you are taking and let you save from takeaways!
(Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/90 mins Cooking Time)
650g Lamb or Beef
4 Onions (medium)
3 Garlic Cloves
1 inch piece of Ginger
6 tbsp Natural Yogurt
200ml Tomatoes (tinned)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
4 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar/Sweetener
Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander. Cut the lamb into bite-size pieces and mix with the contents of the Lamb Madras Spice Mix, 1 tsp salt and half the garlic and ginger.
Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low calorie spray in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add contents of Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onions.
- When the onion is nicely browned, add the garlic and ginger and after a few seconds add the lamb.
- Stir well to coat the meat and cook with a lid on for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2, 1 tsp salt, sugar/sweetener and lemon juice. Stir.
- After 2 mins, add 300ml of boiling water and gently simmer for 40 mins until the meat is tender.
- Once cooked, check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander.
Spicentice Lamb Madras Spice Mix
Lamb Madras is an excellent choice for sharing or when you crave for a fancy and curry classic. Enjoy with Pilau Rice, naan bread and raita. With our lamb madras spice mix, we let you tuck into the traditional Indian dish that offers a unique blend of aromatic rich lamb madras curry.
We have created a balance of flavours of cumin, coriander, chilli and a punch of a little spiciness to meet your needs. Also, don’t forget the tender chunks of lamb in its delicious sauce that will surely melt in your mouth.
Why Choose Spicentice?
Here at Spicentice, we offer you all the best herbs and spices that you need! It’s now easier to prepare a quick dish and meals that give you the best experience. You don’t have to go to restaurants and have the meal you are craving for! All of our products can be prepared anytime in your kitchen.