Indulge yourself with the authentic and tasty Moroccan flavours with a lamb tagine recipe. Tagine is a slow-cooking lamb stew that is popular for having a perfect blend of aromatic spices including cumin, turmeric, cardamom, ginger and cinnamon. It’s a satisfying and warm bowl of lamb stew that is ideal to be prepared on cold days as you snuggle with your family and loved ones.
It’s a little sweet, but indeed savoury. It’s a complicated dish for many because of the richly spiced sauce, but thankfully, we make it easier for you! Our Morrocan lamb tagine recipe is very easy to prepare, quick and can be done any time of the day!
Moroccan Lamb Tagine
Serves 4 Medium Heat/10 mins Prep/90 mins Cooking Time)
650g Lamb (diced)
4 Onions (medium)
2 Potatoes (medium, optional)
3 Garlic Cloves
10 Dried Apricots (cut in half)
400ml Tomatoes (tinned)
4 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
1 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Toasted Almonds (for garnish - optional)
Handful Fresh Coriander (for garnish - optional)
Roughly chop and soak the dried apricots in 150ml boiling water. Cut the lamb if necessary, into bite-size pieces and chop the potatoes into quarters. Finely chop the onions and garlic and blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the contents of Moroccan Lamb Tagine Spices Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onion.
- When the onion has softened, add the garlic. Fry for a minute then adds the lamb. Stir well and cook with a lid on for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add Moroccan Lamb Tagine Spices Sachet 2, stir and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Then add the tomatoes, apricots with juice and 1 tsp salt. Stir all the ingredients together and cook for 2 mins.
- Now add 300ml boiling water, gently simmer for 15 mins and then add the potatoes.
- Cook for a further 30 mins until the meat is tender. If the sauce begins to dry then add 50ml of boiling water.
- Finally, season to taste and garnish with almonds and fresh coriander.
Tip: It’s ideal to try out using the Argan oil as it is a specialized Moroccan oil that came from the Argan tree.
Spicentice Moroccan Lamb Tagine Spices
Our Moroccan Lamb Tagine spices let you create a quick and easy lamb stew that is just perfect and same on what you’ve been craving for! This distinctly Moroccan dish, with its spicy sweetness, is traditionally served with couscous. Sitting on a rug and sipping mint tea will make you look the part while adding to your enjoyment of this dish!
Why Choose Spicentice?
An aromatic dish that can satisfy your needs won’t be as perfect without our kits and seasonings. We have a wide range of flavours that are made with pure herbs and spices that you’ll love. It’s made with all people in mind, so it’s safe for vegans, vegetarians and weight watchers!