A dish close to the world and connects us to Spain – the paella. For centuries, this dish has been served in Spanish homes because of its taste and vibrancy. It also shouts tradition to those who will have a taste of it. One notable ingredient is mussels of which you can replace it with littleneck clams if ever you’re not in the mood for mussels. Please note that the clams’ shells must first be thoroughly scrubbed in cold water.
If you are highly interested in whipping this delicious meal at your home for your family, a shopping list and the recipe are both provided below. If you are looking for something to round out the meal, have one of the Rioja region’s Spanish red wine, a crusty baguette and a light salad.
Taste of Spain – Paella Fiesta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 200g Mixed Seafood
- 100g Chorizo
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 850ml Stock (Chicken or Veg)
- 300g Paella Rice
- 1 Lemon
- Spicentice Paella Spice Sachet
- Peel and chop the onion and carrot. Cut the pepper, chorizo and chicken into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the garlic and make 850ml of stock.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat and start frying the onion. Then add the chicken and cook for 5 mins. Add the chorizo and carrot with the garlic and pepper and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Now add the tomato purée, paella rice and Spicentice Paella Spice Sachet and stir.
- Pour in the stock, add a pinch of salt and black pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring now and again to avoid rice from sticking.
- Add the seafood and peas and cook for a further 5 mins or until cooked through. Pop some foil over it and allow to rest. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Spicentice Paella Spice Sachet
An internationally known rice dish, the Paella originated in the fields of Valencia which can be found on the eastern coast of Spain. Though there are a lot of versions of paella as it can be made with just about any ingredient that will go well with rice, still, the love for this dish for any version is still the same. It depends on the personal preference of the cook, and you can put chicken, shellfish, pork, eel, fish, squid, beans, artichokes, peas, etc.
Though there are a lot of options to choose from, you can still assure yourself of the same great taste with Spicentice paella kit! With this sachet, you can turn your paella into one tasting and memorable dining experience for you and your family.
Why Choose Spicentice?Spicentice is in the market with the aim to promote health and to help everyone achieve the perfect taste of the dish they wish to prepare. Each ingredient used to prepare such seasoning are sourced from around the world and are of the highest quality spices anyone can find.