Leftover Turkey Tikka Masala Recipe
Don't even think about throwing away that leftover Christmas turkey!
We’ve got the perfect leftover Turkey dish for you to try - This Turkey Tikka Masala is a MUST
Enjoy this British Classic with a Christmas twist - It’s got the PERFECT combination including a little chilli kick to add to your leftover Turkey before simmering in a creamy, tomato sauce.
- Your leftover Christmas Turkey
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- 100ml of single cream or low-fat creme fraiche
- Fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil or low-calorie spray
- 1 tsp of salt
The magic method...
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and ginger.
Chop your left over Christmas turkey into bite-size pieces and mix with the contents of your Spicentice marinade sachet, half a tsp of salt and half the chopped garlic and ginger. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
1) Lay your turkey on a baking tray and place under a medium grill for 2-5 mins util they are charred around the edges but not cooked through. Then leave aside.
2) Heat oil/low cal spray in a pan and fry the onion over a medium heat. As the onions brown add the remaining ginger and garlic, and continue to fry.
3 )Now add the tomatoes with contents of sachet 2, half a tsp of salt and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
4) Stir in your turkey, and gently simmer for 8-10 mins with a lid on.
5) Stir in 100ml of fresh cream/soya cream, add 50ml of warm water if the sauce is too thick.
6) Cook for 5 mins until the turkey is tender. Check seasoning and serve with rice and/or naan bread.