The Best Authentic Chicken Curry Recipe
When you think of Indian cuisine, one of the most popular dishes is an authentic chicken curry. It’s a true favourite, with warm, comforting spices that make for a hearty dish that smells wonderful. The taste is subtle but wholesome, leaving your mouth watering for more. Our recipe gives you a classic and rustic chicken curry that’s simple to prepare, ideal even for a rushed midweek dinner.
Chicken Tikka Masala
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 large onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- 100ml of single cream
- fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Chicken Tikka Masala Spices
Preparing the curry
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and ginger. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix it with the contents of the Chicken Tikka Masala Sachet 1, ½ tsp of salt and half the chopped garlic and ginger. Leave to marinade for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Lay the chicken out on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 3-5 mins each side until the pieces are charred around the edges but not cooked through.
- In a large saucepan add the oil and fry the onion over a medium heat. As the onion browns, add the remaining ginger and garlic and continue to cook.
- Now add the tomatoes, the contents of Sachet 2, ½ tsp of salt and the lemon juice.
- Add the chicken and gently simmer for 10 mins with a lid on.
- Stir in 100ml of fresh cream and add 50ml of warm water if the sauce is too thick.
- Cook for 5 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander, rice or naan bread.
Why choose Spicentice?
Spicentice seasoning kits are made using 100% pure herbs and spices, are free from gluten, sugar and salt and are ideal for vegans and vegetarians as well as meat-lovers. If you're looking for an easy, healthy cook-at-home option then use our spice kits to help you create delicious meals without the effort.