The Best Fajitas Spices Recipe
Skip the long line at Mexican takeaways and make your favourite fajitas right in your kitchen. This homemade fajitas recipe is spicy and tasty, perfect for a quick family dinner. Fajitas spices are a delicious blend of cumin, chilli powder, a dash of garlic powder, salt and pepper, paprika and of course, a dose of oregano!
This versatile and entirely flavourful blend of pure herbs and spices is just perfect on fajitas, burritos, tacos, quesadillas and a whole lot more. It's a fantastic go-to kit whenever you're in the mood for a tasty, simple dish.
Arriba! Fajitas with Chipotle Chilli
- 6-8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 lime
- Tortillas (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Fajitas Spice Mix and Seasoning
Cut the chicken and pepper into strips. Slice the onion and cut the lime in half. Finely chop the garlic. Add half the chopped garlic to the chicken and mix with the contents of the Fajitas Spices Sachet plus the salt, sugar and the juice of half a lime. Mix thoroughly and leave to marinade for approximately 30 minutes.
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the remaining chopped garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Then add the marinated chicken, mix and fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions and peppers and continue to fry.
- Now add the remaining lime juice and stir.
- Cook until the chicken, onions, and peppers are tender - check the seasoning before serving.
Tip: If the dish becomes too dry, just add a few tablespoons of warm water.
Why choose Spicentice?
This fajita mix gives you an authentic experience. Our Arriba! Fajita (pronounced fah-HEE-tuhs) recipe is perfect served with warm tortillas, sour cream and salsa, and many people like to add grated cheese too. The recipe is equally delicious made with strips of steak, pork or fish and it's always tastier eaten while wearing a sombrero! All of our seasonings are made with the hearty blend of pure herbs and spices.