The Best Authentic Thai Green Curry Recipe
This recipe gives you an easy and delicious Thai green curry and is rich in coconut curry sauce. It's a renowned favourite and is simple to make, so you can easily prepare it midweek to enjoy with family, or whip up a batch to last for leftover lunches.
Thai Green Curry
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 small aubergine
- 6 Bird's Eye chillies
- 2 medium onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 150ml of chicken or veg stock
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of palm or brown sugar
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- Thai Green Curry Kit
Preparing the paste
Chop one onion into quarters, deseed the chillies and peel four garlic cloves. Put all the ingredients into a blender with 1-2 tbsp of oil, 2 tbsp of water, ½ tsp of salt and the contents of Sachet 1 of the Thai Green Curry kit. Blend all the ingredients until the mixture turns into a paste.
Preparing the curry
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop one onion, one garlic clove and the coriander. Deseed and chop the pepper into squares and cut the aubergine into chunks.
Grate the rind of half the lime and squeeze the juice of half the lime into a bowl. Make 150ml of stock.
Cooking the curry
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. Stir fry the chopped garlic and onion until they soften.
- Add the prepared curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Next add the coconut milk, stock and the contents of Sachet 2 of the Thai Green Curry kit and bring to the boil.
- Add the aubergines, 50ml of hot water and lower the heat.
- Now stir in the chicken and peppers and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and rind.
- Stir well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander (optional).
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice, our kits and seasonings are made using only 100% pure herbs and spices. We carefully select all the ingredients used in our products to give you a healthy and hearty alternative to takeaways and expensive restaurant meals. Our kits are ideal for those on a weight management plan or for vegetarians or vegans - so you can easily adjust the recipe to suit you.