The Best Chickpea Curry Recipe
Made with fresh chickpeas, this quick and healthy Indian recipe is perfect for everyone in the family. It’s easy to prepare and packed with authentic flavour. Chickpea curry can be your side meal with your meat course, or your full meal if you're looking for a low calorie, filling option. It’s a healthy alternative to meat curries and is perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
Chickpeas or Bengal grams, or Egyptian peas or garbanzo beans – whatever you call them, they are healthy and full of great benefits. They're a superfood - high in protein, fibre and iron that helps regulate blood sugar, decreases heart disease risks and lowers the chance of cancer.
- 410g of chickpeas
- 2 medium onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Fresh coriander
- Chickpea Curry Kit
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and coriander. Wash and drain the chickpeas and blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add contents of Sachet 1 of the Chickpea Curry Kit and fry the seeds for a few seconds.
- Add the onion and stir. When it is lightly browned, add ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the tomatoes, the contents of Sachet 2 of the Chickpea Curry Kit and half a tsp each of salt and sugar. Allow it to simmer for 2 mins.
- Stir in the chickpeas, add 150ml of cold water and simmer.
- Cook until the chickpeas are tender, then check the seasoning before serving with fresh coriander.
Tip: if more sauce is required, add 50ml of water and simmer for a further 5 mins.
Spicentice Chickpea Curry Kit
Our source of ingredients
All of the ingredients that go into our spices and seasoning kits are sourced from suppliers we trust. We only use pure herbs and spices to ensure that every meal is packed with the best flavours.
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice we’ve put together a fantastic range of seasoning kits to help you create a varied meal plan with influences from different cultures, full of hearty and healthy food that will always taste delicious. It’s all great for vegetarians and vegans too, making it easy to tailor our recipes to suit you.