The Best Simple Paella Recipe
Paella is a classic, traditional Spanish dish. For centuries, it has been served in Spanish homes because of its taste and vibrancy. One notable ingredient is mussels, which you can replace with littleneck clams if you prefer. Please note that the clams’ shells must first be thoroughly scrubbed in cold water.
If you're interested in whipping up this delicious meal at home for your family, a shopping list and the recipe are both provided below. If you are looking for something to round out the meal, have one of the Rioja region’s Spanish red wines, a crusty baguette, and a light salad.
Taste of Spain – Paella Fiesta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 200g of mixed seafood
- 100g of chorizo
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g of frozen peas
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 850ml of stock (chicken or veg)
- 300g of paella rice
- 1 lemon
- Spicentice Paella Spice Sachet
- Peel and chop the onion and carrot. Cut the pepper, chorizo and chicken into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop the garlic and make 850ml of stock.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat and start frying the onion. Then add the chicken and cook for 5 mins. Add the chorizo and carrot with the garlic and pepper and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Now add the tomato puree, paella rice, Paella Sachet and stir.
- Pour in the stock, add a pinch of salt and black pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 mins, stirring now and again to avoid rice from sticking.
- Add the seafood and peas and cook for a further 5 mins or until cooked through. Pop some foil over it and allow to rest. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Why choose Spicentice?Spicentice seasoning kits are designed to promote health and to help everyone achieve the perfect taste of the dish they wish to prepare. Each ingredient used to create our seasoning kits is sourced from around the world, meaning our kits are made up of the highest quality spices anyone can find.