This authentic chicken balti dish is a wonderful addition to your regular meal plans for family dinners. It's a fragrant dish packed with flavour that is equally good made with chicken or vegetables.
Spicentice Chicken Balti
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 medium onions
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 2 tbsp of oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Spicentice Balti Spice Kits
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger and garlic and blend the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and start frying the onion. As the onion browns, add the ginger and garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and stir in the Balti Sachet with the salt.
- Stir in the chicken, lower the heat and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add 150ml of boiling water, cover the pan with the lid and simmer for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, check the seasoning and garnish with chopped coriander.
Why choose Spicentice?
For those who plan to prepare a delicious meal, you can put your trust in Spicentice. We’re proud of the quality and taste of our spice kits, with all ingredients sourced from the best suppliers in the world.
Spicentice has a long list of seasonings and kits that can be used in everyday cooking. Our priority is making kits that are healthy, with the spices being suitable for vegetarians and vegans too.