The Best Authentic Chicken Dhansak Recipe
This high protein and popular Chicken Dhansak curry is the perfect meal to look forward to after another week of hard work. A Parsi dish, it features a mix of Gujarati and Iranian food. It comes with a unique blend of spices that are nutritious and appetising to everyone.
Authentic Chicken Dhansak won’t need a lot of time to prepare. With the added Spicentice chicken seasoning, you'll have a dish packed with flavour that'll mean you'll never crave a takeaway again!
Authentic Chicken Dhansak
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 x Tandoori Spices Kit
- 8 boned and skinned chicken thighs
- Crushed garlic cloves
- Finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- ½ tsp of hot chilli powder
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 600ml of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g of wholegrain rice
Preparing the Chicken
Cut the chicken thighs and mix it with both packets of Spicentice chicken seasoning. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder and garam masala. Mix and set aside until the chicken is fully marinaded.
- Spray the low-calorie oil over a saucepan and place on a medium heat.
- Cook the onions for about five minutes, stirring regularly until brown and softened.
- Add the chicken mixture to the pan and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, bay leaves and lentils. Wait for it to boil and cover loosely to simmer. Check if the chicken is tender and if the lentils are completely broken down. Remove the lid and stir more for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it to simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Cook your rice in water until tender, and drain it.
- Season the curry to taste, and serve with the rice.
Tip: You can enhance the rice with yoghurt and some fresh coriander leaves. Additionally, some people will try it with roti, flatbread or salad.
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice, we give you all the kits and seasoning you need to create that perfect curry, as well as any other meals you want. Easily prepare any of your favourite dishes with our kits and seasonings in your kitchen cabinet, all of which can be made to suit vegetarians or vegans.