The Best Authentic Chicken Korma Recipe
Can’t handle the fiery hot Indian curry? How about the light and flavourful almond curry? A traditional Indian dish that is made with pure herbs and spices, tomato paste and cream that makes it extremely delicious and buttery. You can drop that takeaway and make delicious, authentic chicken korma straight from your kitchen. With this creamy, rich and flavourful dish, it won’t be hard to please the crowd and prepare it for everyone in the family.
It’s a highly recommended recipe for someone who has never tried Indian food as it is easy to do and can be perfectly achieved with Spicentice korma spices. It tastes heavenly, yet still mild which can be a great introduction to real Indian food for your kids as well.
Authentic Chicken Korma Recipe
- Chicken (4 breast fillets)
- 1 Onion (large)
- 5 tbsp Yogurt
- 100ml Single Cream
- 3 tbsp Ground Almonds
- 1 piece Ginger
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar/Sweetener
- Spicentice Korma Spices
Preparing the curry
Finely chop the garlic, ginger and onions. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the contents of the Korma Spices pack, yogurt, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped ginger and garlic. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low-calorie spray in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the contents of Sachet
- Allow the seeds to sizzle for a few seconds before adding the onion.
- As the onion browns, add the remaining ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the almonds, tomato puree and contents of Sachet 2. Stir all the ingredients together.
- Stir in the marinated chicken and add the cream.
- Add ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar/sweetener.
- Now add 100ml water and simmer for 15 mins until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, check the seasoning and serve.
Our Source of Ingredients
We all know how important it can be to source the quality ingredients, and so we ensure that all of our kits are made with only the best that our global suppliers can offer.
Why Choose Spicentice?
The chicken korma is a mild, creamy curry that has its roots in the Mughlai cuisine of North India and is best served with our Pilau Rice and Naan bread. The Mughals did everything in style and splendour, so this one calls for matching cutlery and tiaras! With that, we have created the best flavours that you’ll ever want for your low calorie chicken korma and let you prepare it quick and easy.