The Best Bombay Potato Recipe
Crispy on the outside, totally fluffy on the inside, these richly spiced potatoes are packed with the best Indian flavours. It’s a perfect side dish that you can add to any of your favourite meals. Whether it’s for a dinner party or just a meal with your partner, it’s a fantastic addition to the table.They look and smell delicious, and are ideal with sriracha-spiked ketchup.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Fresh coriander
- Bombay Potato Curry Seasoning Mix
Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes. Wash and boil until they are partially cooked, then drain. Chop the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Bombay Potato Curry Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds.
- Then add the potatoes and stir with the spices, sprinkle over Bombay Potato Curry Seasoning Mix Sachet 2 and the salt.
- Add 100ml of cold water, stir well and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook with the lid on for 15 mins or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Check the seasoning before serving with fresh coriander.
Our source of ingredients
Here at Spicentice, we care about the needs of all our customers, and so we only use the best quality herbs available from our global, trusted suppliers. We want you to enjoy loads of flavour and the health benefits of the finest quality ingredients.
Why choose Spicentice?
Bombay potatoes are excellent with pilau rice and naan bread, or this traditional Gujarati recipe makes a tasty side dish with a curry. We’ve created this Bombay potato kit to be easy to use and it comes with pre-blended herbs and spices that take the effort out of cooking.