The Best Authentic Chicken Madras Recipe
Trying to call the curry house, but the waiting time is 2 hours? Cook this healthy and simple chicken madras recipe instead, and ditch the takeaway menu. A perfect meal to be served for dinner or anytime you crave it.
Chicken madras is one of those authentic Indian dishes that is being prepared following a traditional recipe. It’s made up of tender chicken in a slightly spicy tomato sauce, and was named after Madras, a city in the south of India.
It’s a great mid-week treat that you can cook it in the morning and leave to infuse throughout the day to make it tastier and more flavourful. You can serve it with hot white rice or naan bread depending on your preferences.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- Add Tandoori Spices
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- Chopped coriander
Preparing the Chicken
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix it with the garam masala, lemon juice, Spicentice chicken tikka masala spices and some salt. Set aside and make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan or deep frying pan. Cook the onion for about 7 minutes until it is softened.
- Add the chicken and fry it for 4 minutes until the colour starts to change.
- Stir in the other ingredients and cook for few more minutes. Once done, you can add the chopped tomatoes.
- Cover it and wait for it to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Check it carefully and add up the chopped coriander on top when ready to serve.
Tip: Some people would want to add more flavours on their chicken - try our Spicentice Firecracker Chicken kit.
Why choose Spicentice?
We all love cooking for our family - it's wholesome, healthier and cheaper than always ordering in! At Spicentice, we have one of the most comprehensive ranges of kits and seasonings that are all made with 100% pure herbs and spices.
You don’t have to be a pro chef to make a perfect meal and achieve the same aroma and flavour of your favourite takeaway dishes. Our kits have all the seasonings you'll need, and are perfect for vegans, vegetarians or anyone on a low-cal diet too.