The Best Chicken Dopiaza Recipe
Create a classic Indian dish with this simple Chicken Dopiaza recipe. ‘Dopiaza’ means ‘double onions’, which perfectly fits this recipe! Mixed with the sweet curry kits of Spicentice, you’ll enjoy a dish that’s deep in flavour and extremely filling. Finish off this curry with the crisp onions and cooked rice for a perfect dinner with family.
You can freeze and reheat the recipe to take to work the next day for a lunch that’ll make every colleague jealous. This recipe is equally good with shrimp or vegetables – ideal no matter your tastes.
- Add Italian Seasoning
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 100ml of natural yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 large onions
- 300ml of chicken stock
- 1tbsp of honey
- 400g of plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves
- Mix the Chicken Seasoning in a small bowl. Add the chicken, yoghurt, lime juice, and garlic. Toss to coat and leave it to marinade while you are creating the curry sauce.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and add the onions. Cook on a low heat and stir it occasionally. Wait for the onions to soften and caramelize. Once the onions started to stick together, add the chicken stock.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. It should be cooked within 20 minutes. Simmer and stir it occasionally. Blend it until smooth with the use of a hand blender.
- Clean the pan and add more oil. Once hot, you should add the remaining onions and fry them until golden for 15 minutes. Remove the pan and set it aside.
- Put back the pan back on the heat, add the chicken with the marinade and cook on a high heat. Pour in the curry sauce and simmer for 12 more minutes. Check if the chicken is cooked inside and out.
- Mix the lime and coriander into the dish.
- Served it with the golden onions and white steamed rice.
Why choose Spicentice?
If you’re a fan of great Indian dishes, then you shouldn’t miss our seasoning and kits. Whether you're creating curry or other classic side dishes, we've got a seasoning kit to make it easy. All of our kits and seasonings are made for everyone, so they're ideal for vegans and vegetarians. You can always adjust the flavour according to your preferences too.