The Best Authentic Thai Red Curry Recipe
Indulge in authentic Thai flavours with this classic Thai red curry recipe. It's beautifully fragrant and packed with big flavours, and it's so easy to prepare that you can stop buying those pre-packed curry pastes from the store.
With our Spicentice Thai red curry kits, we give you a freshly made dish. It’s a perfect meal for your dinner with family and friends, or even for a very comforting and warm breakfast during the winter! It’s very rich and full of vegetables that makes it a perfect healthy choice for anyone on a slimming plan.
Thai Red Curry
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 red peppers
- 6 small mushrooms
- 3 or 4 Bird's Eye chillies
- 2 medium onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 150ml of chicken or veg stock
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of palm or brown sugar
- 1 lime
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- Fresh coriander (for garnish)
- Thai Red Curry Spices Kit
Preparing the paste
Chop 1 onion and 1 deseeded pepper into quarters. Deseed the chillies and peel four garlic cloves. Put all the ingredients into a blender with 2 tbsp of oil, 1 tbsp of water, ½ tsp of salt and the contents of Thai Red curry Spices Kit Sachet 1. Blend all the ingredients until the mixture turns into a paste.
Preparing the curry
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Finely chop one onion, one garlic clove and the coriander. Deseed and chop the pepper into squares and slice the mushrooms.
Grate the rind of half the lime and squeeze the juice of half the lime into a bowl. Make 150ml of stock.
Cooking the curry
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or a large frying pan over a medium heat. Stir fry the chopped garlic and onion until they soften.
- Add the prepared curry paste and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Next add the coconut milk, stock and the contents of the Thai Red curry Spices Kit Sachet 2 and bring to the boil.
- Add 100ml of hot water, lower the heat and add the chicken.
- Add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and rind. Stir well and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste and garnish with fresh coriander.
Why choose Spicentice?
Our range of spice kits and seasonings are all made using 100% pure herbs and spices, sourced only from suppliers we trust. We also ensure that our kits are all healthy and suitable for vegetarians and vegans, so you can adjust the recipe to suit your dietary requirements.