This medium-spiced prawn curry with creamy sauce is aromatic, delicious and truly mouthwatering. Our Goan prawn curry mix lets you create a meal with the same flavours that you’ve tried in restaurants, served up by experienced chefs. It is made using a special blend of spices including dried chilli, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper and more.
Goan prawn curry is popular thanks to the mix of sour and spicy flavours that leave you feeling warm and cosy. Use our recipe to create something that your whole family will savour.
Goan Prawn Curry
- 450g peeled king prawns
- 2 medium onions
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1" piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- 100ml of coconut milk
- 1tsp of lemon juice
- 3tbsp cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Goan Prawn Curry Kit
Peel and finely chop the garlic, ginger and onions. Wash the prawns in cold water. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Goan Prawn Curry Kit Sachet 1. Allow the seeds to sizzle for a few seconds before adding the onion.
- When lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the tomatoes, the contents of Goan Prawn Curry Kit Sachet 2, the salt and the lemon juice. Stir the ingredients together.
- Add the coconut milk with 100ml of cold water.
- Stir in the prawns and simmer for 5-10 mins on a low heat until the prawns are tender.
- Finally, check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tip: Avoid overcooking the prawns as they will become hard.
Why choose Spicentice?
We source all of our herbs and spices from the best suppliers when creating our seasoning kits. We also make sure they're healthy and suitable for everyone, whether you're a vegetarian, vegan or on a slimming diet.