Have a taste of this Chicken Bhuna that is made with a mix of aromatic spices and great ingredients. It's one of the classic Indian dishes that are characterized by tasty and thick coating sauce that is well-spiced with moderate heat. Indeed a perfect warm meal to serve on a chilly winter evening. The mix of flavourful seasonings with a kick of spice compliments the tender chicken pieces making it totally irresistible.
- 2 large skinless chicken fillets, diced
- Spicentice Tikka Sizzler Spice Mix
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 piece of fresh root ginger
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil on a high heat. Add the onion and salt. Fry until the onions become soft. Stir in the ginger and garlic. Turn the heat down and add some water.
- Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once the water has evaporated, it should create an onion paste. Add the other spices and cook it over high heat. Add the tomatoes and chillies. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook it for a further 8 minutes. Mix the Spicentice tikka sizzler spice mix in, and stir well. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 more minutes. You can add more water if necessary.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the coriander leaves on top.
- Serve it with rice or naan bread depending on your taste.
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice, we've created special kits that contain only pure herbs and spices. These blends are ideal for cooking healthy, hearty dishes at home with delicious, sophisticated flavours. So whether you're just trying to save money on eating out, or you're looking to eat a little less junk food, use our spice kits to create delectable dishes suitable for everyone, including vegetarians, vegans and those looking to lose weight.