The Best Poussin Recipe
Create an impressive dinner party with a delicious poussin recipe that is made with your favourite seasonings. The tenderness and juiciness of this dish will leave the crowd fully satisfied. Enjoy with a mix of the best herbs, chilli, lemons and a side dish of rosemary and garlic/
Poussin is a small, immature chicken that is often called a spring chicken. It weighs about 400 to 500g and is four to six weeks old. One bird is perfect for a single serving, as there is not much flesh on the bones. The meat is extremely soft and flavourful.
Poussin is often stuffed with different seasonings to add flavours. The recipe below lets you prepare it in its simplest form, whilst still being absolutely delicious.
- 4 poussins
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Spicentice Beer Can Chicken Rub
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 20 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp of white wine
- 5 tbsp of chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 230C.
- Rub the poussins with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season them lightly with Spicentice Beer Can Chicken Rub and place quarter of a lemon in the cavity of each bird. Arrange them in a large roasting tin.
- Add the garlic cloves around the poussins. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180C.
- Get a mixing bowl, add the chicken stock, wine and olive oil. Mix it well and pour over the poussins.
- Roast again for another 25 minutes until the poussins are golden brown and the juices run clear.
- Make sure to baste with the pan juice for every 10 minutes.
- Transfer the poussins on a platter, and if there is any lemon left, you can squeeze it on top of the dish.
- Tend the poussin with aluminium foil and transfer it to a medium saucepan.
- Spoon the sauce and the garlic around it, add fresh rosemary on top and serve.
Why choose Spicentice?
When it comes to seasonings, rubs, and meal kits, Spicentice is one of the top suppliers on the market. We have created a wide range of products that are all easy to prepare and use. With our rubs and spices, you won’t have to worry about the food you’ll serve at your family’s next feast.