The Best Chicken Karahi Recipe
If you love the rich aroma of a flavourful curry, then this recipe for chicken karahi is ideal. You don’t need to keep trying local restaurants and takeaways to find a delicious meal, as our spice kit helps you to create these wonderful tastes in the comfort of your home.
Karahi is a very popular North Indian and Pakistani dish that’s easy to prepare and usually served with naan bread. It can be spiced to your tastes, depending on how hot you like it, and it’s ideal for dinner or as leftovers for lunch.
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 inch of fresh minced ginger
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1lb of chicken breast
- Add Tandoori Spices
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro
- Get a large, non-stick sauté pan. Heat the oil over a medium-high heat and add the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 10-20 seconds until you can already smell it.
- Dice the chicken and add it to the pan, cooking for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and mix in the Spicentice Fire Cracker Chicken seasoning. Make sure to mix it well until you can clearly smell the aroma.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Check if the liquid is mostly absorbed. If there is too much liquid, just cook it for a little longer. Remove the lid and continue to cook for around 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with the slices of ginger and cilantro.
- Serve it with rice or warm naan bread.
Tip: You can add more vegetables if you want a healthier option.
Why choose Spicentice?
All of our seasoning kits are made with a pure blend of the highest quality herbs and spices. They’re perfect for everyone, including vegans, vegetarians and anyone on a diet. Using our kits it's easy to whip up tasty family dinners without needing to plan for days in advance.