The Best Chicken Saag Recipe
Chicken Saag is a classic North Indian dish that is mixed with mustard leaves, spinach and some wonderful seasonings. It’s one of the go-to favourites of many people when dining out at Indian restaurants, and is known for its warm and thick texture. It’s a rich and satisfying dish, especially for those who love Chicken Tikka Masala and Tandoori Chicken.
The chickens are roasted and shredded for tender texture, coated with a creamy spinach sauce mixed with ginger, tomato paste, garlic, and garam masala. It’s very quick to prepare and will far outshine anything from your local takeaway.
- 1lb of chopped spinach
- 2 tsp of dried fenugreek
- 8 tbsp of ghee or butter
- 1lb of boneless chicken thighs
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- Add Tandoori Spices
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of garam masala
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ½ cup of sour cream
- Add the spinach and dried fenugreek to some boiling water.
- Drain it well and get out as much water as possible. Once done, start chopping the spinach finely.
- Add the ghee to the pan and sauté the chicken with Spicentice Chicken Seasoning. Wait until it turns a light brown colour.
- Add the garlic, onion and ginger. Cook on a medium heat, stir and cook it until translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Wait for the mixture to cool down when it will create a thick, green spinach sauce.
- Add the sour cream and mix well. Wait for it to boil and turn off the heat.
Tip: Serve the chicken saag over cilantro basmati rice, or you can have naan bread if you prefer. You can also ihcrease the heat by adding some chillis.
Why choose Spicentice?
We know you’re always looking to serve healthy, tasty meals to the family. That’s why we’ve created our range of seasoning kits, each made using the best herbs and spices. Everything is simple and easy-to-use so you don’t have to compromise family-time for hours in the kitchen. Our kits are perfect for keeping stored, ready to use whenever you need them.