These warm and cheesy homemade quesadillas are ideal for lunch or dinner. They're loaded with gooey melted cheese and flavourful shredded chicken in crisp and yummy flour tortillas, which are then slightly grilled for that perfect finish.
Quesadillas are large handmade flour tortillas that are stuffed with melted Mexican cheeses and often come with different meats such as chicken, beef, or pork. It’s a popular dish that can be a quick snack or a starter in a Mexican feast.
- 1lb boneless chicken breast
- Spicentice Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp bacon bits
- 1 shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preparing the chicken
Either buy a cooked rotisserie chicken, or poach some chicken breasts. Poaching keeps them moist and makes it easier to shred. Add the boneless chicken breasts to a large pot of water and boil. Once the chicken is no longer pink, turn the heat off and wait for it to cool down before transferring it to a separate bowl.
Use two forks and pull the breast apart. If you want it to be shredded in smaller pieces, then you can use your hands.
- If you're using fresh chicken that you've just cooked, you should preheat your broiler and grease your baking sheet. You can skip to step 3 if using leftover chicken.
- Start tossing the chicken with Spicentice Italian seasoning and spread it on the baking sheet. Place it under the broiler and cook until all the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the centre. This should take 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in your green and red peppers, onion, and the chicken. Cook until all of the vegetables are softened. Let it stay on the heat for 10 minutes.
- Layer half of the tortilla with the vegetable and chicken. Sprinkle it with bacon bits and both kinds of cheese. Fold the flour tortillas in half and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake your quesadillas until the cheese has melted.
- Cut it into three to four pieces depending on your preferences.
- Serve it with salsa or sour cream.
Why choose Spicentice?
Here at Spicentice, we have a wide range of seasonings and kits that are designed for everyone. They’re all made with 100% pure herbs and spices to ensure they are the highest quality, and taste amazing in every dish you prepare.