Whether it’s a simple dinner with family, or a special outdoor cookout, these delicious chicken skewers are a perfect healthy dish. Marinaded in our special seasoning and threaded with vegetables, everyone will be asking for more after the first taste. Add whichever vegetables you prefer for a healthy, hearty snack.
- 3 chicken fillets, cut into cubes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- Add Spicentice BBQ Spices
- 2/3 cup of virgin oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the Spicentice firecracker chicken seasoning with the chicken fillet cubes, oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic and freshly ground black pepper. Place it inside a zip-lock back and marinade in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Do the same thing for your vegetables, but make sure to have it in a separate zip-lock bag.
- If you are planning to grill it outside, then you can already put the chicken and vegetables on the wood skewers while you are marinating. This keeps them intact and much easier to be grilled.
- Thread the chicken, onion and the peppers accordingly. This recipe should give you enough for 10 skewers.
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill and spray the skewers with oil. Grill each side for about 5 minutes until the centre is cooked.
Tips: Aside from grilling, you can also bake the chicken skewers in the oven. Preheat the oven up to 435 F and place the chicken skewers on the roasting racks over the foil-lined baking sheets for 15 minutes. Turn it over and bake for another 15 minutes.
Why choose Spicentice?
Spicentice allows you to create simple dishes, packed with flavour, in the convenience of your home. All of our seasoning kits are made with the best 100% pure herbs and spices available, and are ideal for anyone on a weight management plan or any vegans and vegetarians – just adjust our recipes to suit you.