The Best Coriander Chicken Recipe
Planning a dinner night with family and looking to serve up a classic dish they'll never forget? We’ve got you covered! Chicken curry with coriander is very tempting, and comes with a fragrant aroma that will have the whole clan pestering you to know when it's ready. Coriander chicken, commonly known as Dhania chicken, is a very delicious curry variant that comes from Bengali cuisine.
We have created a coriander chicken recipe that will complete your curry feast, especially with the added fine blend of the market-fresh coriander leaves, yogurt and mint leaves. Don’t forget to keep it thick and consistent for that truly hearty meal, and add a naan or roti for the perfect dinner package.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Corriander Chicken Spices
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander.
Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Mix with the contents of the corriandar chicken pack, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped ginger and garlic. Leave to marinate for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onions.
- As the onion browns, add the remaining garlic and ginger. Continue to fry, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the tomatoes, the contents of Sachet 2 with the lemon juice, salt and sugar, and simmer for 2 mins.
- Stir in the marinated chicken and cook with a lid on for 10 mins.
- Add 150ml of water and gently simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is tender. Stir in half the chopped coriander.
- Once cooked, check the seasoning and serve with the rest of the coriander.
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice, all our meal seasoning kits are made with 100% pure herbs and spices, free of gluten, sugar, and salt. It’s slimming-club and paleo-friendly, and all suitable for vegetarians and vegans too, so it's easy to make a couple of substitutions in our recipes to tailor to your own requirements.