The Best Easy Aloo Gobi Recipe
Want to spice up your weekly meal plan and keep it healthy? Aloo gobi is a classic Indian dish that is well-loved across the globe. It’s the common favourite of many as it comes with healthy, hearty ingredients of potatoes and cauliflowers. It’s a super-simple and comforting dish that you can serve to everyone in the family. It’s even ready in 30 minutes, so you don't need to slave away for hours.
Our recipe uses our unique blend of herbs and spices to create a delicious meal that you can't go wrong with. Serve this as a side of your usual meat dish, or the main dish depending on your preferences, ideal if you're vegetarian. Just make sure to keep the vegetables tender, but not soggy, to maintain the taste and texture.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 a cauliflower
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tbsp of peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium tomato
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Aloo Gobi Masala spices
Peel and finely chop the onion, tomato, ginger and coriander. Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes and wash both the cauliflower florets and potatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Aloo Gobi Masala Sachet 1 and fry for a few seconds.
- Next, add the onions and fry until lightly browned. Then add the ginger and cook for a further few seconds.
- Now add the cauliflower, potatoes, peas and tomato. Add the contents of Aloo Gobi Masala Sachet 2 with the salt and stir.
- Pour in 150ml of cold water and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for approximately 15-20 mins until vegetables are tender. Finally, check the seasoning and serve with fresh coriander.
Why choose Spicentice?
Whether you’re on a low-calorie diet as part of a weight-loss journey or you have specific requirements, such as being vegetarian or vegan, our meal kits are made for you. You can make super-tasty dishes easily thanks to our carefully chosen herbs and spices that pack every meal with flavour.