The Best Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
Ultra-tender beef and the alluring smell or spices makes chilli con carne a favourite of many. It has a satisfying, hearty sauce that is a true crowd-pleaser when done right. Don’t worry though, we’ve prepared a chilli con carne spice mix that is made of selected herbs and spices to help make your next chilli con carne a winner.
There’s no need to break out the takeaway menu the next time the clan are hungry. Just use our seasoning kit to whip up this warming dish that will leave mouths watering and stomachs full.
Yee-hah Chilli Con Carne
10 mins prep/45 mins cooking time
- 500g minced meat
- 4 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 300ml of tinned tomatoes
- 400g of tinned kidney beans
- 1 lime
- 220ml of stock
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Chilli Con Carne Spices Mix
Finely chop the garlic and onions. Drain and rinse the kidney beans. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Chilli Con Carne Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onions.
- When the onion is nicely browned, add the garlic and continue to fry for a minute.
- Now add the minced meat and stir thoroughly with the onions and garlic. Brown the meat for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the tomatoes, salt, sugar and Chilli Con Carne Sachet 2. Also, add the puree and half the juice of the lime. Stir in the kidney beans and leave to cook for a further few minutes.
- Add 200ml of stock, the Herb sachet and Mayan Spiced Chocolate Sachet, stir and cook with a lid on for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, check seasoning and serve.
Why choose Spicentice?
Whether you’d like to spice up your weekly meal plan for the family, or create a personal dish, we’ve got an extensive collection of spices and kits for you to choose from. Our mixes are made of up of pure herbs and spices that we have sourced from trusted suppliers across the globe. There’s nothing better than a mix that you can use and prepare quickly, and there’s no need to order in for a hearty meal made with little effort.