A delicious and creamy tomato sauce-based Indian recipe, with pure herbs and spices and white meat chicken, Tikka Masala is undoubtedly a hugely popular dish. It is bolder and spicier than butter chicken, but similar in flavour. It is traditionally made with white meat chicken but you can substitute for vegetarian ingredients if you prefer.
Our spices let you try a classic Tikka Masala without the need to visit the local takeaway or stock up on a massive array of individual herbs at the supermarkets. It's quick, easy and extremely hearty.
Indian Restaurant Classic Tikka SIZZLER
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 250g of low-fat natural yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4-6 metal or wooden skewers
- Spicentice Tikka Spices
For Mint Yogurt Raita
- Flatbread, salad leaves
- Red onion, tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tsp of mint sauce
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Crush the garlic and finely chop the ginger. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a dish, and soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl and stir in the Chicken Tikka Spices, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and salt. Then, add the chicken pieces and mix all the ingredients. Leave to marinade for 30 minutes or more.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers and cook under a medium grill or on a barbecue for 10 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve with warm flatbread, salad leaves, sliced onions and tomatoes. Then add the Chicken Tikka and drizzle over the mint yogurt raita, by mixing 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt with 1 tsp mint sauce. Enjoy!
Our sourced ingredients
We are always careful about all our ingredients, sourcing them from trusted and reliable suppliers all over the world. This seasoning kit is sure to make one of the best Tikka Masala curries around.
Why choose Spicentice?
Preparing meals is a whole lot easier with all our spices and seasonings. Designed with vegans and slimmers in mind, we offer you great kits that are perfectly complementary for your favourite dishes. Avoid expensive restaurants, leave the fatty takeaways alone and cook delicious meals in the comfort of your home.