The Best Easy Southern Fried Chicken Recipe
Growing up, we were all used to having grease-stained cardboard buckets full of our favourite fried chicken. Thankfully, it’s now possible to create that same succulent, juicy fried chicken taste with a recipe that’s a whole lot healthier. Here at Spicentice, we make it easy with our Southern-style chicken seasoning.
A meal that the whole family will adore, this chicken is crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and tastes absolutely phenomenal.
Southern Style Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 150g of golden breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 -4 tbsp of plain flour (for dipping)
- 3 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of salt
- Some oil or low cal spray
- Spicentice Southern Style Chicken Spice Sachet
- Chop the chicken into strips and place in a bowl. Add 1/4 of the Easy Southern Fried Chicken Sachet to the chicken and mix. Leave aside to marinade for 10 mins.
- Add the plain flour into a second bowl and leave. In a third bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. On a large plate, add the breadcrumbs with the remaining Spicentice SSC spice sachet and1 tsp of salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees.
- Take a strip of chicken and dip it into the flour, coating evenly. Then dip it into the beaten egg, and finally coat it in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with oil. Spray the top of each chicken piece with low-calorie spray or olive oil. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with Spicentice Chips & Wedges, coleslaw and corn on the cob. Enjoy!
Our source of ingredients
Every one of our seasoning kits and special blends is made up of only pure herbs and spices. We carefully choose the best suppliers for everything we buy, guaranteeing the quality of each mixture. You can rest assured that all of our kits are packed with delicious flavour.