Growing up, we are all used in having the grease-stained cardboard buckets full of our favourite chicken! It’s what we always asked for, but thankfully, healthier options have been more popular today. As fond as our childhood memories can be, you’re surely craving for the low calorie, juicy and deep chicken flavour that we all love. Here at Spicentice, we make it easier with our Southern-style chicken recipe.
Have a taste of the classic southern chicken that is crusty and crunchy on the outside and very flavourful and juicy on the inside. The best part is that it has been mixed with our quality spices and seasonings and soaked in healthier buttermilk to add more taste. Surely, it’s a perfect meal to serve for all the kids and family members.
Southern Style Chicken
- Chop chicken into strips and add to the bowl. Add 1/4 of the Easy Southern Fried Chicken Sachet to the chicken and mix. Leave aside to marinate for 10 mins.
- Add the plain flour into a bowl and leave. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. On a large plate, add the breadcrumbs with the remaining Spicentice SSC spice sachet with 1 tsp salt and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees.
- Take a strip of chicken and dip into the flour, coating evenly. Then dip into the beaten egg, and finally coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with low-calorie spray. Spray the top of each chicken piece with low-calorie spray/Olive oil. Bake for 20-25 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with Spicentice Chips & Wedges, coleslaw and corn on the cob. Enjoy!
Our Source of Ingredients
Spicentice is proud to let you know that all of our ingredients were sourced from the trusted suppliers on the market. We have carefully selected each of them to check the quality of the ingredients we use for all our herbs and spices.
Why Choose Spicentice?
Create that finger licking takeaway with this Southern chicken seasoning! It is incredibly delicious that is made with 100% pure herbs and spices. It is a simple and tasty blend of everything you need for oven-baking or pan frying of your favourite chicken.