The Best Chicken Kofta Recipe
These delicious koftas can be made using a variety of ingredients, and they make a fantastic appetiser or snack, with leftovers that can easily be recycled into a curry or sandwich. A kofta is simply made up of minced meat, blended with spices and shaped into balls before being grilled.
Koftas work well with spiced sauces too, giving you even more flavour. This recipe tells you how to make koftas on their own, but feel free to experiment with different combinations to find a delicious meal you love.
Summer Sizzler – Persian Kofta
- 500g of minced meat (lamb, chicken, beef or turkey)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- 6-8 bamboo skewers
- Spicentice Persian Kofta Spice Sachet
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander. Soak the skewers in water.
- Place the minced meat in a large bowl and add the onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, lemon juice, salt and kofta-spices. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and leave to marinade for 15 mins or more.
- Divide the mixture into six to eight equal pieces. With damp hands, shape the meat around and along each skewer, pressing little indents in the meat.
- Grill the kebabs for 8-10 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with flatbread and salad, and drizzle with a yoghurt and mint dressing.
Source of our ingredients
Spicentice knows how important it can be to some customers regarding where we source our ingredients. Don’t worry, as everything we buy is from a reputable supplier in fair conditions, ensuring you get the finest flavours in every dish.
Why choose Spicentice?
Stash your chicken kofta made using Spicentice kits in your freezer to have it anytime you want. That’s what’s great about our kits – you can store them for cooking when you’re in the mood, or prep a meal to eat at a later date. Everything is easy. They’re also low calorie, so ideal if you’re on a diet, and every spice kit is completely vegan.