The Best Indian Pilau Rice Recipe
No curry feast is complete without pilau rice! Our pilau rice recipe is simple and delicious, with all the great flavours that make it a perfect side dish for your favourite lamb, chicken and vegetarian curry dishes.
With the combination of pure herbs and spices, this authentic recipe makes the perfect accompaniment to your regular dinner or family gathering. And because it’s made with vegetables, it’s idea for anyone looking to lose weight or those with specific dietary requirements.
Delicious Pilau Rice
10 mins prep and 20 mins cooking time
- ½ cup mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen is fine)
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Fresh coriander (for garnish - optional)
- Pilau Rice Seasoning
Wash the rice thoroughly until the water runs clear and soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Chop the vegetables into bite-size pieces.
Cooking the dish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the contents of Pilau Rice Sachet 1 for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables, drained rice and Pilau Rice Sachet 2 with the salt.
- Fry for 2 mins, add 600ml of boiling water, then cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 mins on a low heat.
- Once all the water has evaporated (use a fork to check down to the bottom of the saucepan), fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
Rice trivia: The world's longest cooked grain of Basmati (meaning 'the fragrant one') was 18.3mm!
Our source of ingredients
At Spicentice, we make sure that all of our products were made from pure 100% herbs and spices. We have carefully selected all the ingredients we use, partnering with the best suppliers around the world, so that you only get the finest flavours in every dish.
Why choose Spicentice?
At Spicentice, we have a huge range of blends and seasoning kits to enhance every meal you make at home. With our help, you can bin those takeaway recipes for good, and focus on cooking amazing food in your own kitchen that tastes as good as – or better – the meals that the chefs in your local restaurants can provide.