The Best Easy Fish Soup Recipe
Start your meal right with this amazing appetiser. Whether it’s to warm you in the winter months, or help you get cosy before a deep sleep, this easy fish soup is one of the most comforting recipes we have to offer.
Thanks to our special fish seasoning and rub, you can prepare a quick and simple fish soup within minutes. It’s super-healthy too, packed with fish and vegetables, and can even be used as a base for other meals such as a fish pie if you prefer.
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 ½ cup of fresh chopped tomato
- Spicentice Fish Seasoning and Rub
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ fish fillets (use white fish like cod, halibut, sea bass or red snapper)
- Pinch of dry thyme and oregano
- 1/8 tsp of Tabasco sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes. Add the parsley and tomato and gently cook together.
- Mix the Spicentice Fish Seasoning and Rub on the fish and set aside.
- Add the clam juice, dry white wine and the fish on the pot. Bring to simmer until the fish is cooked. Add the oregano and thyme.
- Wait till it boils and add salt and pepper.
Tip: This quick and easy fish soup is best served with bread, but you can always have it in smaller bowls as an appetiser before a main course, or you can try it with our Peri Peri Chicken recipe. Aside from fish, there are also other variations where you can use shrimp, clams or scallops.
Why choose Spicentice?
Spicentice have a wide range of spices and kits across various cuisines that you can use to make home-cooking simple and delicious. Everything is designed to be easy, healthy and perfect for the family, including any vegetarians and vegans, and all of our kits are made from the best spices sourced from reputable suppliers.