Delight in the authentic tastes and aromas of Athens street food with this Greek souvlaki recipe. Create a classic dish in the comfort of your own kitchen thanks to our delicious marinade that works equally well with chicken, lamb or pork - so you can prepare the meal just to your tastes.
With the dash of Spicentice Souvlaki spices, you can have a traditional Greek feast. Don’t forget to add your favourite salad, pita bread and, of course, tzatziki. This is an easy-to-follow recipe that's perfect for a quick dinner with the family.
Greek Style Souvlaki
For Tzatziki Sauce
- 600g skinless chicken thighs OR 4 chicken breast fillets OR 4 lean pork fillets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil or low-cal oil spray
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 10-12 wooden skewers
- Spicentice Souvlaki Spice Sachet
To serve with
- 150g low fat natural yogurt
- 1/4 cucumber
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Salad leaves
- Red onion
- Prepare the tzatziki by peeling and grating the cucumber and then squeezing the water out. Finely chop the mint and coriander leaves and add to the natural yogurt. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, season with sea salt and black pepper, and refrigerate.
- Chop the chicken (or pork) into bite-sized pieces. Add to a bowl. Crush the garlic and squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the same bowl, along with some salt and the souvlaki sachet. Stir together with the oil and 2 tbsp of water. Leave to marinade for 30 minute or more. Meanwhile, soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the wooden skewers and cook under a medium grill or on a barbecue for 10 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked and slightly charred.
- Toast the flatbread/pita bread and add salad leaves, sliced onions and tomatoes. Then add the souvlaki chicken, drizzle over the tzatziki sauce and enjoy!
Spicentice Greek souvlaki seasoning
Get a true taste of the sunny Mediterranean with this healthy, delicious seasoning kit. It's just as effective when used with vegetarian alternatives, so if you're looking to try souvlaki without the meat products, our spice kit helps retain that authentic flavour.
Why choose Spicentice?
Our kits and seasonings were blended with 100% pure herbs and spices to give you the best taste experience. Additionally, we make sure that all of our ingredients have been carefully sourced and selected from the trusted global suppliers on the market, so you know that they're only the highest quality. Enjoy our souvlaki spice sachet the next time you're looking to add variety to your dinner plans.