Are you looking for a guilt-free meal to prepare for family and friends? Well, there is no need for you to search all over the restaurants down the road to have your favourite Doner kebab. This homemade Doner kebab recipe allows you to have your takeaway kebab straight from your kitchen. Enjoy your thin sliced meats with seasonings that are made of pure herbs and spices – only from Spicentice!
You can use beef, lamb, chicken or veal and have a healthy meal for everyone. Whether it is for some weekend night getaway or a movie marathon day at home – this homemade Doner kebab recipe is made to please the crowd.
Shawarma Style Turkish Doner Kebab
- 8 Chicken thigh fillets (skinless & boneless) / Quorn
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 levelled tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil/Low Cal Spray
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Skewers (metal or wooden)
- Spicentice Turkish Kebab Spices
For Yogurt Sauce
- 150g low-fat Yogurt
- Few sprigs of Mint Leaves - (finely chopped)
To Serve with
- 6 Flatbreads or Gluten Free bread
- Sliced Lettuce (cos or iceberg)
- Tomato Slices
- White Onion Slices
- In a bowl mix together the garlic, salt, lemon juice, oil/low-calorie spray, tomato puree and Kebab Spices. Add the chicken / Quorn and coat each piece with the marinade.
- Prepare the Yogurt Sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 200c or BBQ. Take one piece of chicken thigh or Quorn at a time, fold in half (if necessary) and thread onto two skewers. Repeat with all the chicken thighs /Quorn.
- Prop the skewers on the edge of the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins on one side and then turn onto the other side and cook for a further 20 mins, or until chicken or Quorn is cooked through with some charring around the edges.
- Remove chicken/Quorn from oven and stand upright or at an angle, and slice thinly.
- Place a flatbread, add lettuce, sliced onions and tomatoes. Add the sliced chicken kebab/Quorn and drizzle with yogurt dressing. Enjoy!
Why Choose Spicentice?
Spicentice gives you a whole new experience on all our spice kits and seasonings! We have sourced all our ingredients from trusted suppliers globally to ensure the overall quality you’ll have. Our goal is to let you indulge in healthy but guilt-free meals that are full of flavours and made even for weight watchers and vegans.