The Best Nasi Goreng Recipe
The ultimate comfort food - especially for spice lovers - Nasi Goreng is a popular Indonesian fried rice that is loaded with sweet and moist chicken, and savoury flavours that you’ll love. This is ready in minutes and cooks in one pan, so it’s the perfect weeknight meal, especially if you've leftover rice to use up.
This is commonly served with a fried egg and a generous amount of fried shallots. It may vary from one household to another and may include whatever seafood, meat and vegetables you have on hand. Regardless, we’ve made a quick recipe that you can follow to get started.
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ small Chinese cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 175g of brown rice
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 egg
- Hot Sriracha chilli sauce
- Spicentice Tandoori Spices Rub
Preparing the rice
If you don’t have leftover rice to hand, you'll just need to prepare it before you start. Follow the instructions on the rice packaging to get it ready.
- Heat the oil over a high heat in one pan. Add the onion and wait about 4 minutes until it’s slightly caramelized and softened. Add the garlic and stir it for one minute.
- Toss in the cabbage and carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir it until warm. Add the soy sauce and mix in the Spicentice Tandoori Spices.
- Create a well in the centre of the mixture and crack the egg inside. Fry it until it’s all set.
- Serve the rice with a large bowl and top it with the fried egg.
- Drizzle it with the Sriracha chilli sauce on top.
Why choose Spicentice?
Here at Spicentice, we are committed to providing the best seasonings help our customers create delicious food. All of our kits are made with pure herbs and spices for superior taste and flavours. This Nasi Goreng recipe will be a spice-loaded favourite for you and your family.