The Best Turkey Crown Recipe
A turkey crown is an easy-cook, easy-carve joint that makes Sunday roasts simple. It's the breast of the bird that’s still attached to the bone, with the wings and legs removed. It’s a great meat to serve if there are fewer people to feed or if you just want something that's simple to prepare.
Prepared with crisp bacon, this is a moist and succulent dish that is perfect with fried potatoes.
- 1 turkey breast crown
- Salt and pepper
- 50g butter
- 10 strips of bacon
- Spicentice Beer Can Chicken Rub
- Preheat the oven to 220 C
- Rub the butter all over the turkey breast crown, before covering with the Spicentice Beer Can Chicken Rub. Season it with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lay the bacon rashers across the turkey, covering it completely.
- Place the turkey crown on the roasting tray and set it in the centre of the oven. Cook it for about 30 minutes until the bacon is already crispy.
- Remove the bacon and put it on the side. Baste the breast with the juices in the pan and return it on the oven. Turn down the oven to 180 C and cook it for 12 minutes.
- Cook until all the juices are clear when the thickest part of the breast is pierced with a skewer, and the skin is crispy and brown.
- Slice to serve, and add gravy on the side.
Tip: You can also include some fried potatoes, bread sauce, more slices of bacon and steamed sprouts as extra side dishes.
Why choose Spicentice?
Here at Spicentice, we have created the best products with the finest ingredients available. All of our kits are made with 100% pure herbs and spices that have been carefully processed to protect their flavours. There's no need to buy each individual spice on its own - our blend kits make cooking simple.