The Best Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
Enjoy a peri peri chicken recipe that is packed with authentic flavour. Using our spices and simple recipe, the chicken is coated with a delicious marinade that can be grilled or oven-baked to a crispy outside and juicy inside. There’s no need to have a takeaway, as this is so easy to cook yourself at home – and a lot healthier too.
This Portuguese dish is not too hot, thick enough to stick and undeniably mouth-watering. The herbs and spices from our kits are perfectly blended for a taste that’ll please the whole family – even the fussiest of little eaters.
Peri Peri Chicken
- Chicken - either 4 breast fillets, 8 thigh fillets or 12 chicken wings
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- the rind of ½ lemon
- 5 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- Peri Peri Seasoning Mix
Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger, and grate the rind of half a lemon. Skin the chicken and score each piece several times (if using breast fillets, cut into strips), then place into a bowl and add the contents of both the Peri Peri Seasoning Mix Sachets. Add the garlic, ginger, lemon rind, oil and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients, ensuring all the chicken is evenly coated. Leave to stand in a fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat the oven to gas mark 7 or 220 ºC before transferring the chicken onto a roasting tray and placing in the oven.
- Cook for approximately 15 mins, then turn the chicken over and cook for a further 15 mins.
- When the chicken is cooked, season to taste, add lemon wedges and serve with couscous and salad.
Tip: Try cooking on a barbeque for 30 mins, turning occasionally.
Why choose Spicentice?
We source our ingredients from around the globe, using a wide network of suppliers to ensure every herb and spice is 100% pure and of the highest quality. It’s just as important to us as it is to you that every kit you buy is packed with flavour. Whether you're trying to lose weight or just need a hand with family dinners, our seasoning kits are perfect.