The Best Sea Bream Fillet Recipe
Enjoy sea bream fillets on a bed of potatoes and vegetable stock with parsley and lemon. This delicious fish dinner is simple enough that it can be prepared any night of the week. Pan-fry your sea bream fillets for a juicy inside and crispy coating, or bake them for a healthier option.
Sea bream is widely used in Mediterranean cuisine. It’s a white fish that has a delicate texture and is a popular choice not only at home, but for luxury restaurants as well.
Sea bream works with a variety of accompaniments. You can add a side of rice, couscous, sweet potato mash or some grilled vegetables for a truly delicious, healthy dish.
Sea Bream Fillet
- 200g potatoes
- 30g black olives
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 sea bream fillets
- 2 large tomatoes
- A handful of basil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Spicentice Fish Seasoning and Rub
Preparing the Potatoes
Add water and a pinch of salt to a large saucepan. Cut the potatoes in half - no need to peel them - and add to the boiling water. Cook until soft, which takes about 15 minutes. Use a fork or a knife to check the tenderness. Mash the potatoes and set aside.
- Chop the vine tomatoes, and roughly chop the olives and basil. Put the honey and red wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk it with a fork.
- Add the black pepper and salt, and mix together before setting aside.
- Rub the Spicentice Fish seasoning onto the fish. Get a frying pan and put it on a medium heat. Carefully lay the fish with the skin-side down and cook for 3 minutes. Press the fish gently for the first 30 seconds to avoid it from curling. However, make sure to avoid moving it too much, otherwise the skin won’t be crispy.
- Spoon some of the mashed potatoes onto a plate, and add the fish on the side. Pour over the olives, basil and tomatoes before serving.
Tip: For a healthier option, you could bake the sea bream, or grill it.
Why choose Spicentice?
Whether it's fish, chicken, lamb, beef or any other meat – we have a wide range of rubs and seasonings to bring the best out of your food. We're committed to creating top-quality products that can help our customers prepare dishes packed with flavour. Spicentice knows that you love to create your favourite recipes with the right flavours and seasonings. With our kits and spices, you can make all your dream dishes at home, without expensive trips to restaurants or takeaways.
Save time and money with our prepared seasoning kits that make home cooking simple and delicious.