The Best Methi Chicken Recipe
Methi chicken is an easy curry that is delicious and doesn’t take long to cook – perfect for a rushed midweek family dinner or a more relaxed gathering at the weekend. It’s healthy and fulfilling, making it ideal for anyone looking to lose weight without feeling like they’re starving themselves.
Tender chunks of chicken are cooked in an aromatic blend of spices, with fresh methi leaves giving a refreshing flavour.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1" piece of ginger
- 200ml of tinned tomatoes
- Fresh coriander
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Methi Chicken Spices
Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander.
Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Mix with the contents of the Methi Chicken Sachet, 1 tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp salt and half the chopped ginger and garlic. Leave to marinade for 30 mins or more. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the contents of Sachet 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onions.
- As the onion browns, add the remaining garlic and ginger. Continue to fry, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the tomatoes, contents of Sachet 2, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp of sugar. Simmer for 2 mins then add the contents of Sachet 3 with 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Stir in the marinated chicken and cook with a lid on for 10 mins.
- Add 200ml of water and gently simmer for 15 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Once cooked, check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Trivia: Did you know, fenugreek (one of the spices in our seasoning kit) was used by ancient Egyptians to combat fever?
Why choose Spicentice?
Are you struggling to create meals that are low in calories but that can keep the whole family happy? Our kits and spices make delicious, healthy home-cooking simple. They're all made using 100% pure herbs and spices for the best flavours with every bite.