The Best Keema Curry Recipe
A classic Indian ground-meat-and-pea curry, Keema is easy to make and ideal for your next dinner. It is lightly-spiced, hearty and packed with flavour. The term Keema refers to the minced meat that is popular in India, used to prepare different meals such as keema paratha, keema matar, keema samosa and keema pav.
The keema curry is being prepared in many ways and may include methi leaves, green peas, cashews and potatoes. It varies from restaurant to restaurant, but we’ve prepared a traditional option that we're sure you'll love, one that is delicious and has a soft texture that will melt in your mouth.
- 550g of minced meat
- 4 medium onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½' piece ginger
- 300ml of tinned tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of peas
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil or low cal spray
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of sugar or sweetener
- Fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- Keema Masala Spice Mix
- Peel and finely chop the onions, ginger, garlic and coriander. Blend the tomatoes.
Cooking the curry
- Heat the oil/low cal spray in a large pan over medium heat. Add the contents of Keema Masala Sachet number 1 and fry the seeds for a few seconds before adding the onion.
- When lightly browned, add the ginger and garlic and continue to fry.
- Now add the tomatoes, minced meat and contents of Keema Masala Sachet number 2 with the salt and sugar. Stir the ingredients together.
- Next, add the lemon juice then cover the pan with a lid, cooking for approximately 10 mins.
- Add 200ml of cold water and the peas and replace the lid.
- Cook for a further 15-20 mins until the meat is tender.
- Then check the seasoning and garnish with fresh coriander.
Our source of ingredients
Here at Spicentice, we know how important it can be for our customers to see the source of our ingredients. That's why we've carefully selected all our suppliers to ensure that we are only getting only the best quality herbs and spices available.
Why choose Spicentice?
Spicentice offers you meal kits and seasonings that are made of 100% pure herbs and spices. They're free from gluten, sugar, and salt, as well as being a perfect choice for vegetarians and vegans. All of our kits are blended in the UK and they each give you the authentic flavours you’ve been craving in your cooking.